How can I improve my parking skills?
June 30, 2006 7:48 PM Subscribe
I am horrible at parking:-( Thanks to the great advice in this
thread, I was able to pass my driver's test. Unfortunately, my parking skills are all over the map. Is this something that will improve with more practice, or are there certain tricks and techniques that I should know?
posted by Esther Festers to travel & transportation (23 answers total) 24 users marked this as a favorite
All of this relates to parking in regular parking spaces.
- When going into a space, how do you estimate when and where to begin turning?
- I can't seem to go in straight. The vehicle (Toyota Camry) always ends up in some sort of angle.
- I tend to end up closer to the left side than the right.
- Backing out: First I back out in as close a straight line as possible. Once I start turning, I feel like I'm on the verge of hitting the car parked next to me. Is this normal for a first-time driver, or am I doing something wrong?
- To make matters worse, I get very anxious when I see cars waiting for me to back out.
If there's anything else you think would be helpful, please feel free to add it! Thanks to everyone in advance:-)