Becoming a switch hitter...
June 3, 2006 9:49 AM Subscribe
Help me make the PC to Mac switch. A few specific questions from a complete Mac newbie.
posted by ruwan to computers & internet (38 answers total) 13 users marked this as a favorite
1) Is there a WinAmp-like program of Mac OS? (I *hate* iTunes)
2) Any experience with Open Office for Mac OS? Is it a good replacement for MS Office?
3) Any indespensible Mac OS software (like the Mac version of Powertools?)
4) Mac websites/blogs that will help me get used to the new world (I know about CultofMac, theAppleBlog, MacDeveloper)
5) How on Earth am I supposed to import all my old e-mail and stuff? (I've only got Office for Windows)
6) Are there any Spyware programs I should get?
(Of course, I have extensively read the dozen similar Mac-switch questions here (thanks to those who answered there too), and just asked questions that I felt were not answered.)