How to change a light bulb?

How do I get access in order to change this light bulb? This is located in a shower stall. I tried turning the glass covering to the left but that doesn't seem to do anything. And if I try to rotate the outer white part to the left if feels like I'm going to break it.
posted by Ike_Arumba to Home & Garden (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Instead of rotating the white part, get your fingernails under the edge and pull straight down.
posted by mollymayhem at 8:34 AM on August 30 [3 favorites]

Yep, I have the same type of light in my hall way. You pull down. It's ridiculous, but it's true.
posted by Hermione Granger at 8:59 AM on August 30 [1 favorite]

And it will make a horrible screeching noise as the metal clips that hold it up are pulled against the metal can. It will feel like it doesn't want to budge, but it will move.
posted by JoeZydeco at 9:50 AM on August 30

Yep, just pull down.
posted by humboldt32 at 10:13 AM on August 30

Thanks everyone. It's fixed!
posted by Ike_Arumba at 10:21 AM on August 30

« Older Here's a run-down of just a fe...   |  The situation that prompted on... Newer »