Can't access my OTHER flickr account
July 30, 2014 6:08 PM Subscribe
I apparently signed up for a second Flickr account in 2005, using my real name, to share some family photos with immediate family. I apparently made it public. I want to delete it or make it private, but I can't figure out my log-in credentials.
posted by mudpuppie to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I apparently signed up for a second Flickr account in 2005, using my Real Name, to share some family photos with immediate family. I apparently made it public. It is apparently the second search result for my real name. I do not like that.
I apparently do not remember either the second Yahoo ID I used to create the account (though I think that might have been before a Yahoo ID was required), nor which email address I would have used to create the account. I would like to either delete the account or make it private, but I can't figure out my login credentials.
1) I'm pretty sure that this account predates the Yahoo ID requirement. But, I can't find a way to log in with just an email address. (And logging in via email presents an additional problem. See #4 below.)
2) Just in case I really did have a Yahoo ID connected to the account, I tried the "I forgot my ID" password recovery option.
The Yahoo ID sent to me via text message was not one I remembered creating (though it is a name I use occasionally), and is not the one I know for certain is connected to my mudpuppie account. However, when I logged into Flickr using the ID they sent me, it took me to my mudpuppie account, not my Real Name account. So, no help. I don't know why both IDs are linked to mudpuppie Flickr, but they are.
3) I tried using my Real Name Gmail account to recover the password, because it's the one I usually use for family stuff. Yahoo told me there was no ID connected to that email address.
4) I suspect I might have created the account using an email address that is now defunct -- the domain name is no longer registered. But if that's the case, and if my cell number wasn't connected to my Real Name Flickr account, sending a password reset to that dead email address won't help me.
5) There is no 5. I think I'm out of options?
I'm reluctant to venture into customer service hell, so I thought I'd start here first.