Inexpensive CRM replacement, please?
June 2, 2014 6:49 AM Subscribe
We are currently using Business Contact Manger as our CRM software. We are having problems when having to re-install (computer crashes, etc) at this point and are looking to either upgrade to Office 2013 (which will allow us to use Business Contact Manager 2013) or to find a new CRM.
The preferred option (long-term) would be to get a new CRM, as BCM (Business Contact Manager) does not meet all our needs, and is essentially defunct, but it would need to be less than the price of buying Office 2013 for the 4 users who use it (around $2100).
posted by Laura in Canada to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
- cheaper than (or roughly equivalent to) upgrading from MS Office 2007 to 2013
- NOT in the cloud
- Outlook integration
- Contacts/ Accounts/ Appointments/ Opportunities (with products)
- ability for custom fields
- some marketing functionality
Nice to have
- intuitive ability to track process from lead to opportunity stage with follow-up tasks
- task assignments with email reminders & due dates
- ability to track "bugs", i.e. customer support function (currently using another software for this, but would love to have it integrated)
I've looked into it a bit already & I'm currently evaluating the following:
- ACT! Pro
- Prophet 7
I'd love to hear from anyone using the ones mentioned, or alternate suggestions. I've found a lot of the "current" CRM software seems to be in the cloud, which is definitely not something the company wants.
I did look at past questions, but did not find one promoted that fits all our requirements. Thanks