Name that aperitivo!
May 27, 2014 4:47 PM Subscribe
Drank a great aperitivo (possibly a digestivo) at an Italian restaurant, haven't found it since. I think it's an Amaro but I don't know which one.
posted by St. Peepsburg to Food & Drink (23 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite
The drink was
- dark brown in color
- served over ice
- sweet but not sickly sweet
- might have a hint of licorice-y type flavor to it but not the dominant flavor
- still it reminded me of licorice and similar 'root-like' flavors
- seemed to be a blend of flavors rather than a one-note flavor (not sambuca)
- "an acquired taste" according to the waitress
- very refreshing
- maybe served with fizzy water?
- served at a restaurant in Toronto (GTA) (and I don't remember which one....)
The drink was not
- sambuca, or as strongly anise-flavored as sambuca
- minty/toothpasty or disgustingly strong like limoncello
There seem to be a bunch of amaro liqueurs but without trying them all could someone possibly point me in the right direction? Hopefully towards something available in Canada (LCBO).
Any ideas? Thanks!