Between Zero 7 and The Cure lies...
May 20, 2014 6:53 PM Subscribe
I'm looking for a gloomy pop record that I lost years ago. I only have vague recollections of it. The best description I can give is that it's somewhere between Zero 7 and The Cure.
I lost a hard drive full of music back in 2009. There was an album of
gloomy pop music on there that I've been desperately trying to
remember since, but all I can remember are vague impressions.
I must have had it since 2006, maybe earlier.
These are the features that I remember:
- The lyrics were dark/depressing
- The music was minor key synth-pop (maybe not that poppy, but that's
the best I can describe it), emphasis seemed to be on the vocals.
- There was a male singer and a female singer. I don't remember
either of them singing on the same track, the tracks seemed to
alternate back and forth between the two of them.
- I vaguely remember a song that involved the lyrics "death took a
holiday" or something like that, searches for those lyrics turned up
nothing relevant and I'm pretty sure I'm misremembering the line.
- In my head the music has gotten confabulated with Zero 7
(specifically tracks from the album "The Garden" that were sung by
Sia). It's somewhere between that and The Cure.
Help, this has been bothering me for years...