Bed and Breakfast in the Texas Hill Country

My company has offered me a weekend at a B&B in the Texas Hill Country in thanks for 10 years of service. Looking on the web there appear to be thousands of them, with wildly scattered reviews depending on which review site one chooses. Having had mixed experiences with B&B's, I thought I'd turn to the green for suggestions. If you've been to one in that area that you would recommend (or steer us away from), please write below.
posted by Runes to Travel & Transportation around San Antonio, TX (3 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Songbird Meadows is just great. Super private, good prices, great breakfast (and they gladly accomodate special diet requests). It's in Johnson City just outside of Austin so it's not far from other Hill County attractions. Pedernales Falls State Park is also just down the road. Bonus: the B&B is on its own 18 acre site with woods and trails so if you just want to stay in you're already on a private bird sanctuary.
posted by planetesimal at 7:36 AM on May 16

Community Impact, a local business monthly, tends to do profiles on interesting businesses and probably has done some BnBs around there. Maybe search in there for something that sounds cool.
posted by OnTheLastCastle at 7:37 AM on May 16

When we lived in Houston, we used to spend the weekend at the Gruene Apple B&B when we went to the Schlitterbahn. That may be too close to home for you if you get up there regularly. (We are now in south Austin so the waterpark is a day trip for us.)
posted by immlass at 2:35 PM on May 16

« Older I'd like to discuss examples o...   |  What language should I teach d... Newer »