The possibilities of 52 weeks

What kind of projects have you followed where the author's goal is to teach someone something every week for 52 weeks? I'm particularly looking for the once a week format for a fixed amount of time.

For example, I'm a big fan of the following:

52 Cups of Coffee
My Year of Mixtapes
HackDesign
A.V. Club's Nashville or Bust
52 Weeks of UX

Don't really care about any topics in particular, though I'm a bigger fan of better writing. I really like the weekly format and something that knows it has to end at the end of the year (or a year after they started).
posted by jermspeaks to Society & Culture (4 answers total) 39 users marked this as a favorite

The series "French in Action" (previously in the blue) happens to have 52 episodes. You can probably find many on Youtube.
posted by rongorongo at 4:29 AM on May 1 [1 favorite]

Same with the Spanish learning series Destinos. Soap opera + language learning + mystery = FUN.
posted by John Kennedy Toole Box at 4:48 AM on May 1 [5 favorites]

Echoes from the Vault gives a weekly lesson in how to do things the really old fashioned way. I think it will only run for the 52 weeks they are billing.
posted by SLC Mom at 10:43 AM on May 1 [2 favorites]

Quilt-alongs are big on this sort of thing - I don't do it myself, but have a friend who is currently following this one: http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com.au/p/blog-page.html

She says that it is excellent thus far. Apparently they do a different theme each year, with weekly tutorials and videos - looks like they have the archive stuff linked there as well.

When I was active there (long ago), writing.com had projects like this with one person leading weekly prompts and exercises, but unfortunately I can no longer find any of them. Alas.
posted by po at 4:29 AM on May 6

« Older Lately I've been noticing an i...   |  I have a yard of my own for th... Newer »