Advice for printing a custom design on T-shirt.
April 20, 2014 11:21 AM Subscribe
Stuck abroad with a graphics tablet, laptop, stores closed because of Easter and a need for new clothing, I've decided to explore the idea of getting own design printed on a T-shirt. Looking for both general and specific advice, more inside.
posted by 9080 to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I have limited experience with vector graphics and design and would love to expand these skills further. Getting own designs come to life has been on the to-do list for a long while, but wasting two dozen euros per experiment of trial-and-error of T-shirt printing is not. Some of my main concerns:
- What is the upper DPI/resolution that I should go for when preparing the graphic?
- Limitations on colors: pros/cons of using halftones; any certain approaches like limiting color palette?
- Anything I should know when preparing files for being given to the print shop?
- General design advice and style guide - optimal routes/learning resources for improving the quality and appeal of own work?
- Opinions on how to improve upon this
thing so it looks OK.