Retail Mefis - what is the best way to handle cash?
April 1, 2014 5:31 AM Subscribe
I am owner of a new retail business (coffee shop, if you see past posts) shortly to launch.
We anticipate handling a fairly large amount of cash each day.
It seems sensible to me that I get staff to do regular banking when I am not at the business.
What is the best way to organise this, bearing in mind:
- I want to minimise staff time away from the business (there are two retail banks in a 1min walk)
- I need to have some controls around honesty
- I need to handle a fair bit of change
- I need to produce a cash register float often
- there will likely be 'end of days' for staff to handle.
I figure there are retail manger Mefis for whom this is simple?