Fitbit snowflake: which one will work for me?
March 29, 2014 2:08 PM Subscribe
It's that time of year again when the REI dividend is in the air, and I am thinking about a Fitbit (though if a Jawbone is really what I want, persuade me). Criteria that are making this difficult inside.
posted by fiercecupcake to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (13 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
* I have an Android phone, a Samsung Galaxy Mega running 4.2.2. It has NFC, WiFi, Bluetooth capabilities, maybe more things that I don't understand.
* I will be walking/jogging on trails and treadmills, and cycling in the gym and on my bike. Do they recognize biking? While biking, can I wear the strap around my ankle? (I have skinny ankles.)
* I'm very good at not losing/breaking things.
* I don't particularly want to have to deal with a third-party app like Map My Run or whatever. Ideally it would be the Fitbit device and my phone.
* I like the sleep-tracking/alarms/snooze idea quite a lot.
That's all I can think of at the moment! Thanks.