Basic Video Editing Software for PC

I am currently taking a basic digital editing class that uses Final Cut for Mac. I am enjoying it, but use PC at home. What is the best free or inexpensive video editing software for PC?

I don't need a lot of features, but ideally it would be very intuitive. I am finding Final Cut very easy to pic up. I like the idea of free, but am willing to pay for great software. The videos I am planning on making are primarily documentary style interviews.
posted by hworth to Technology (5 answers total) 15 users marked this as a favorite

Magix Movie Edit (get the Pro version if you want to edit 3D video). It's often on sale.
posted by Sophont at 5:55 PM on March 26

Lightworks has a free version for Windows.
posted by Magnakai at 6:24 PM on March 26 [1 favorite]

Windows Movie Maker is free.
posted by Chocolate Pickle at 7:10 PM on March 26

For free software, Pixorial (a chrome/google drive extension) is good. Also WeVideo.

If you're willing to pay for it, Camtasia is awesome. I use the Mac version (which is cheaper) but the PC version has TONS of features that the Mac one doesn't have. I think it's comparable to FCX.
posted by guster4lovers at 8:51 PM on March 26

They're pretty bad about up-sell, marketing, buy all the things type stuff, but I bought the video editor in PowerDirector, and it's pretty powerful. You can buy it separately (as I did), keeping costs down, and you really won't be missing anything.
posted by Lafe at 7:24 AM on March 27

« Older Help this first time dog owner...   |  I need some assistance in upda... Newer »