Quieter bluetooth headsets?

I just bought a Plantronics Marque M155 Bluetooth headset for use with my cell phone. The lowest volume setting on it is too loud for my probably-overly-sensitive ears. Any suggestions for quieter headsets?

I have an Android phone, if the problem has to do with the phone itself and not my headset. The headset volume setting appears as the system volume. I often have the same problem with the phone's own speaker as well, or with regular no-microphone headphones I plug into the phone. Lots of things are too loud for me, and it causes me pain.

I'm open to one-ear or two-ear options, but would prefer wireless (so an in-line volume adjustment would probably not be the best solution).
posted by asperity to Technology (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Perhaps you could try an app like DSP Manager. This should let you set up a profile for Bluetooth where you could set all the levels to their lowest setting.
posted by davidvanb at 5:21 AM on March 21

Tested that with all sliders at -15 dB, but it doesn't seem to do anything at all to change the speaker/Bluetooth volume.
posted by asperity at 8:37 AM on March 21

« Older I was diagnosed with 90% steno...   |  My organization avoids drawing... Newer »