I'm getting closer to an answer (and hopefully a more normal life) but I'm a little lost at order of steps and the best way to go about seeing specialists. I feel really lost and I KNOW something is off with my body.
This is me from January (How is it already March?)
Throwaway email: anonmefi14 _AT_ gmail.com
Since then I went to a gastroenterologist and got tested for Celiac. It came back negative, but I had been gluten free for a while and was feeling better overall, so I was advised to remain on a gluten free diet. I have now been gluten free for 2 months. I feel LOADS better off gluten. I have energy and am not having crashes/brain fog but I'm still having lots of other remaining issues.
I also thought I was maybe having issues with milk/lactose due to some remaining stomach issues, however I've been lactose free for almost the same amount of time (about a month or more) and actually I have the same remaining stomach problems. So I may try to slowly add some lactose back in. (I've had some things with cheese and didn't notice anything.
So, what's remaining is:
- Heart palpitations (the majority of the time) My heart monitor results said I was having Pre-Ventricular Contractions.
- Racing heart/anxiety problems - however not at times when I'm actually very anxious. When this happens my hands with also shake. I can't calm down for a long time. It will happen when I'm just sitting at my desk.
-Stomach pain/nausea/change in bathroom habits - the heartburn went away after cutting out gluten, but still getting some cramping, increased frequency and volume when I use the restroom, severe nausea at some points with burping, and bloating. (It's super annoying.)
I take Prilosec once a day for pain.
- Hunger... such hunger. I eat about what I should be calorie wise (about 1500-1600 a day.) I have to almost snack constantly, and yet I don't really feel full. I've tried eating more throughout the day as well and it hasn't helped much. I also once woke up at 3 am STARVING even though I had a snack before bed.
-Fatigue/trouble sleeping. I have a hard time falling asleep and sometimes falling asleep after waking up in the middle of the night. I also sometimes have nightmares/night sweats.
- OH! And when I had some really bad nausea for a few weeks, if felt like someone had their hand around my through constantly. It was the weirdest thing I've ever experienced. And it feels tight sometimes like it did today when I was feeling out of it.
I'm thinking my next steps are to get checked for Hyperthyroidism and H. Pylori.
I had stomach tests when I was younger but I (nor my dad) have no idea if I was tested for H. Pylori. I also supposedly had thyroid levels checked at my initial doctor's appointment (in my last question.
) But I have no idea what they checked or the results. I sorta don't trust them as they didn't seem to care much about me.
I am trying to get those blood test results now but the lady at the office hasn't called back and I can't get access to my records online unless I physically go into the office, where I could also just pick up the results....
- Do I go to an endocrinologist and get more thyroid testing done AND ask them to do a blood or stool test for H. Pylori? OR do I need separate appointments for the GI and Endo doctors?
(Keep in mind I have limited time off and dental work to get done too.)
-IF I had both (that would be a bummer) should I treat the thyroid stuff first, since anti-biotics can be rough and it generally requires a high-dose for H. Pylori?
What does treatment look like for these conditions?
-Does this sound like a good plan? Do my symptoms point to thyroid or something else?
Thanks for all the help last time, and this time. I really just want to feel normal again, and I feel like I'm barely scraping by.