Spring and Autumn: 2 weeks each. xkcd?

I am convinced - or I've convinced myself - that there was an xkcd diagram that showed winter as unbearably cold and long, summer as unbearably hot and long, and a very short burst of spring and autumn where temperatures were just right. Does this actually exist, or is it some other cartoon, or have I imagined something as real?
posted by Wordshore to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

This Oatmeal is definitely not what you're looking for, but is relevant.
posted by dmd at 6:32 PM on March 8

There's this photo that is perennially popular on Reddit. Each vertical slice is one day, amounting to a whole year from one end of the photo to the other. The spring and autumn bands really are significantly shorter than the long stretches of summer and winter.
posted by Rhaomi at 8:41 PM on March 8 [6 favorites]

The descriptions of New York City are like this in Gila Monsters Meet You At The Airport.
posted by NoraReed at 8:50 PM on March 8

This is not a cartoon, but John Oliver said something along those lines, when asked what the worst thing about living in New York was:
That there is no livable season. You’ve got a livable month: two weeks between spring and summer, two weeks between fall and winter. The rest of the time it is a temperature hellscape.
posted by Shmuel510 at 9:40 PM on March 8

Was it this by any chance?
posted by capricorn at 8:16 AM on March 11

« Older I have a CPAP machine that I a...   |  I have been trying to figure o... Newer »