I love reading home renovation / decoration blogs. My feedly has gone a little stale, and I'd love new ideas.
I have the sudden urge to read a bunch of home blogs cover to cover. Ideally, I want blogs that:
- Have good photography. Doesn't have to be the best
photography, but at least have a decent understanding of light.
- Follow their own work in their own homes/apartment — I'm not so into posts just highlighting a cool designer they like or random etsy finds, although obviously those are fine if they're mixed in.
- Don't have a huge budget (and do a lot of work themselves) but conversely, aren't obsessed with being super, super thrifty.
- Are fun to read.
- Aren't super family-focused — obviously I don't care if there are kids and I hear about them and I love a good kid's room redesign but if a good chunk of the posts are advice on raising children, etc., I just don't care.
- Lots of DIY projects (especially serious, build-a-headboard style DIY projects, or even just good directions for completing the projects they do) is a HUGE plus
- I love reading about party planning, so if there's some of that too, it would be super cool.
I'm not interested in: Any blogs with "printables," heavily religious blogs, blogs that post a ton of mediocre themed crafts before each holiday
Essentially, I'm looking for blogs by those cool people you wish you could be friends with that have the awesome, quirky house — blogs that feel real, not sanitized.
Blogs I like a lot:
Go Haus Go
Chris Loves Julia
Little Green Notebook
Young House Love
My Little Apartment
Any and all suggestions so, so appreciated!