Documentary TV Series like Wild China
January 16, 2014 9:47 AM Subscribe
We (the royal we) have been watching Wild China
recently. It's a 6 part nature documentary that's also a bit of a travelogue. What we like about it--they go to a place not usually covered by Public TV nature docs and mix in explorations of the human culture there as well as geographic and biological subjects. What else is like this? What should we watch next?
posted by Potomac Avenue to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 27 users marked this as a favorite
More things we like:
- It's a TV series, not a single film.
- It's narrated well, but there isn't a person traveling around showing you stuff.
- It's gorgeous.
- It's not the usual African animals on the tundra BBC doc. Not objecting to Africa, just the boringness of lions, elephants, Kenyan landscape, etc.
- We like learning about a place that isn't the US or Western Europe.
- Each episode gives you a sense of place: Ep 4 the Himalayas, Ep 5 Southern China, etc.
- It's streaming on Netflix
How many of these boxes can you check off with your favorite nature docs? Any or all would be mucho appreciated.