Help me organize this non-profit startup!
January 13, 2014 3:16 PM Subscribe
I am the new admin for a statewide non-profit startup. I need help figuring out the best tools to use for: project management, grant management, community engagement, and database management. The more integrated the systems, the better. Cloud-based is a must. And, of course, the cheaper the better.
posted by frizz to Technology (9 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite
I've just started at a brand new non-profit that is distributing services across the state. We need help organizing our work and utilizing cloud-based tools to do it.
Here are some of the needs as I have seen them (after 8 days on the job):
- Project management for various services and programs
- Community engagement tracking for organizations and individuals
- Event management (who came, who worked the events, etc.)
- Database management that could be tied to mass e-mail distribution
- Grant management, which could be incorporated into project management or something else
We have several types of constituents:
- National organizations / associations
- State-wide organizations / associations
- Community partners (CBOs, etc.)
- Members of our association
I'm looking for the best tools that can be as integrated as possible.
What I / we are comfortable with: Google Drive, Salesforce, MailChimp
I've heard about: Asana, Little Green Light, Nation Builder
What are the most integrated tools for helping us navigate our work? What are the pros and cons of various platforms you've used? And finally, how has your organization gotten buy-in from the end users to utilize the fabulous new system?