I need your head/sweatband recommendations.
January 11, 2014 8:32 PM Subscribe
I get sweaty when I work out. I get REALLY sweaty when I practice yoga in a 105 degree room. I need a headband that will 1) help keep my hair out of my face when I'm in down dog and 2) help prevent my hair sweat from joining forces with my face sweat.
posted by gumtree to Health & Fitness (8 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
- My head is small and oddly shaped and my hair is smooth, which makes for a very slippery surface to try and keep head gear stuck to. I've had the best luck keeping wider headbands on my noggin.
- Did I mention that I get REALLY sweaty? Normal elastic headbands just don't cut because they can't absorb much moisture.
Things I'm Already Doing:
- I wear my shoulder length hair in either a tight bun on the top of my head, or a ponytail that I braid. These seem to work best with keeping my longer layers out of my face and off my neck, but I need something to deal with my bangs and wispy hairs.
- Vaseline on the eyebrows to help keep some of the sweat out of my eyes.
- Hand towel for dabbing my face when I get a chance.
- Drinking a LOT of water to avoid dehydration.
So MeFi, do you have any recommendations for head gear that I can wear that will keep hair and sweat out of my face and stay firmly in place?