Find me the perfect gloves
January 9, 2014 5:21 AM Subscribe
Help a guy find the perfect gloves. Specs are inside...
posted by The Michael The to Shopping (7 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I have a lot of gloves, but none are exactly what I want, so I turn to the hive mind. I'll use these for general city living (Philadelphia) and dog walking. Ideally, they'll meet these criteria:
- Good for use in 10F-40F weather.
- Windproof. Needs to block the wind, all of it.
- At least water resistant. Waterproof isn't necessary (breathable is preferred) but at least so they don't get soaked if it's drizzling.
- A long, slim cuff. Long and slim enough to stick under my jacket sleeves to keep my wrists nice and warm and dry, even if I put my hands in my peacoat pockets.
- Not bulky: I need dexterity for the leash!
- Touchscreen-compatible preferred but not necessary
- Smooth, rather than fleecy, outer surface, with at least some grippiness on the inside (leather palm is fine, but not leather body)
- Slim-fitting. I have relatively slender hands and long fingers. Cycling gloves are typically perfect for me, but other gloves usually flop around on my hands if I get them large enough to fit my fingers.
- Not super gaudy. All black would be best, smaller logos are fine. Outdoor brands are great, but I don't want to look like I have bionic hands.
I imagine that what I want is some sort of lined soft-shell, but I'm open to anything. I'd typically just turn to Marmot or Mountain Hardwear for this, but nothing I've seen so far looks quite right (which isn't to say I haven't missed something).