Do warm, non-synthetic, petite maternity pants exist?
December 28, 2013 7:35 AM Subscribe
I'm mid-second trimester and not fitting into any of my pre-pregnancy pants anymore, so I'm looking for suggestions of maternity clothing -- stores, brands, styles -- with the following constraints:
posted by nonane to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (15 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
* Everything I've found so far seems to be terrible synthetic blends, which lead to the following problems:
** Not warm -- New England winter winds go straight through.
** Cat-hair magnet
** Can't be hemmed unobtrusively (see below).
* Too long -- I'm 5'1". Pants/leggings from everywhere from Target to Isabella Oliver are 2-4 inches too long, and look goofy cuffed and won't hold a hem.
* My office is on the casual side of business casual; previously I mostly wore L. L. Bean chinos.
* I'm fine with wearing mostly dresses, but still need to find leggings/tights that fit.
* I am a reasonably competent seamstress, but we're in the process of moving; my sewing machine and supplies are inconvenient but not inaccessible, so pattern suggestions are also welcome.
*Bonus points if it's something I can actually find in a store and try on (Boston area).