One woman pyjama party
December 19, 2013 8:07 AM Subscribe
If I have nothing much to do on a Sunday, I like to have a bath and spend the day in a pair of pyjamas, preferably while watching telly and sewing. Where can I get some awesome pyjamas that fulfill all my annoying fit requirements?
posted by mippy to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (15 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
So at the moment, I have a few pairs of cotton separates from Primark. These tend to shrink and wear out fairly quickly, and while I'm not leaving the house in them, I also don't want to look like I've given up on life. Unfortunately, I'm not standard sized in pretty much any area, and so I've never found anything more durable that works.
What I need:
- must accommodate a large bust (I wear a bra with my PJs if it's a PJ day because braless is not an option) - most button-down tops will not button up comfortably over my chest
- will fit a UK size 18
- will fit someone with long legs and torso
- not shorties on the bottom as they feel too much like underwear to be comfortable to spend the day in
- preferably not made from artificial fibres because I don't like the way they feel on my skin - non-cotton flannel is OK, fleece isn't
- preferably not crazily priced, as there's only so much I want to spend on things that won't leave the house. £30 or so is OK.
- our flat is pretty cold in the winter, so warm is good!
- I am pro novelty-prints and colours, and not so pro wearing something that will make me look like a maiden aunt.
- Men's PJs are OK (I'm 5ft10 so they will fit me fine) as long as they aren't too dull or shapeless.
Also, I am in the UK, so if it's only available in the US, I'll have to wait until I plan a holiday there or factor in having to spend a lot on customs fees. Sigh.
Thanks PJ people!