Seeking style blogs by and for trans women
December 14, 2013 10:42 PM Subscribe
I am looking for style blogs by and for trans women
— either single-contributor "here's what I wore today" blogs or tumblr/pinterest-type aggregators. Details within.
posted by Now there are two. There are two _______. to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (7 answers total) 23 users marked this as a favorite
Here are some things I would really like to see in a website:
- A site that mostly features pictures of ordinary trans women showing off outfits they wear in their everyday life.
- An emphasis on casual, practical styles.
- An emphasis on style as a fun form of self-expression, rather than a way to "conceal" your physical "flaws."
- A basically confident and not-furtive attitude: more "Here's what I wore to school today and it was awesome," less "Here's a picture with my face blurred out that I took in a hotel bathroom mirror."
(A lot of the FTM/transmasculine style blogs linked here are great examples of the sort of attitude I'm looking for,
only with the genders reversed.)
Here are some things that I am definitely not at all interested in:
- Porn/fetish/"trap" websites.
- Websites maintained by "admirers" of trans women.
- Lists of tips for passing.
- Do-I-pass-or-not boards or criticize-my-appearance boards like /r/transpassing.