Is there such a thing as a Document-Oriented Database for Non-Programmers? I've been searching the web for several days and I'm quite confused so I thought to post here.
These are some criteria for the solution that I imagine in my head. I had hoped to be able to rapidly develop this little three-table thing
, but it isn't going quickly for me.
Is such a thing even possible?
- the data is stored as TXT XML JSON or anything that can be portable and opened with any text editor.
- a spreadsheet-like view for sorting/editing items within the data
- forms for adding new data
- works offline (but using a browser is ok), on PC or Windows
- minimal need for relational-database functions, I think?
In my search, I've heard a lot about NoSQL, HTML5, and so on, but I'm confused. I only really know HTML and CSS.