Hairbrush recommendations, please!
December 2, 2013 7:40 PM Subscribe
I have thick, between wavy and curly, longish hair that comes to about mid-upper-arm. I have used the same plastic cushion brush for over a decade (yes, I wash it) and have been fine with it. I recently read about ionic and ceramic brushes and am curious: is there a demonstrably better brush for my type of hair?
posted by vegartanipla to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (14 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I just bought an ionic ceramic tourmaline hair dryer/diffuser, and the research that went into that purchase also led to this question. Google results on this subject were all over the map. I'm interested in personally observed results and specific item recommendations or ignore-the-hype recommendations.
1) I'm not interested in animal products like boar bristle.
2) I only use a brush immediately before and after showers or when putting hair in a tight ponytail.
3) Round brushes and tightly grouped, thin bristle brushes seem to encourage unattractive, high-volume frizz.
3) I have no real complaints about the current, decade-old brush other than that one plastic bristle broke two weeks ago. This is its first blemish.
4) I would be hard-pressed to want to spend more than $10 on a new brush.