Which phone should I get? Galaxy S4 (Active?) or Lumia 1020?
December 2, 2013 7:27 AM Subscribe
Please help me choose between the phones based on my list of pros and cons between each.
posted by never.was.and.never.will.be. to Technology (7 answers total)
I am being really indecisive, since this is a commitment of 1.5-2 years. First world problems, I know.
I currently have an iPhone, but I hate iTunes so it's time to move on. The phones I am considering are the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Active, and Lumia 1020. Here are my thoughts and concerns:
- I actually prefer the feel of this phone in my hand over the Galaxy S4
- I do NOT like the look of the text messages and the bing search. Why are there no lines to separate each message/each search result?? Is this something that people get used to? Is there a way to personalize this?
- Is there a way to group the tiles into folders, so that your home screen isn't so long?
- Will apps continue to be made for windows phones?
Galaxy S4 Active:
- I love the idea of the waterproof phone/camera, but is it worth giving up the better camera of the regular Galaxy S4 just for that feature? Am I REALLY going to take my phone with me when I go whitewater rafting or go to the beach?
- Better camera than the Active, but not as good as the Lumia
- Less of a learning curve to use
- Text messages between different people are nicely separated with a line, unlike the Lumia
Basically, I like the Lumia camera better but have concerns about the look of the phone and getting used to a Windows phone. Is there anything else I should be considering when making this decision?
I do have a pretty good camera, so I don't need the Lumia just for the camera, but it would be nice to have.