Marathon Weekend in NYC
November 1, 2013 5:38 PM Subscribe
Help me and my kids plan a fun, low-hassle weekend in New York watching Missus_A run the marathon!
posted by Mister_A to travel & transportation around New York, NY (26 answers total)
I will arrive Saturday evening with our 3 kids, age 3, 8, and 10. They grew up in Philly and are OK with big cities in general. We'll meet up with my wife at or near our hotel, which is on Bowery and Canal, probably 6 or 7 PM. So:
1. Where can I park the car overnight, relatively securely, but not too expensive? Is it one or the other?
2. What can we do with 3 kids that's not too expensive and within walking distance (and will be open at 7 or 8 PM). Window shopping and sight-seeing are A-OK, just need something to do before bed.
Then Sunday, we want to go to the Museum of Natural History. My wife's wave goes off at 10:30, and she'll be finishing around 4 hours later, so we have a good bit of time before we have to get to the finish area. So more questions:
3. About the museum: Is it totally insane to go there on marathon day? Also - what is the best train(s) to take (pity me, I have lost my subway lore)
4. If we get bored at the museum, can we go run around the park or is that not an option on marathon day?
5. Any other cool things we can do between the park and the Bowery?
Thanks in advance! Let me know if I've left key data out and I'll supply them.