Tourist Shoes that don't Scream TOURIST
October 24, 2013 5:50 AM Subscribe
Help me find shoes that a tourist can wear for long days of walking, but could also look nice with nicer outfits.
posted by nakedmolerats to clothing, beauty, & fashion (33 answers total) 39 users marked this as a favorite
So, I recognize that this is totally my own hangup.... but I am taking a trip to Turkey soon and in my brain, wearing any kind of primarily-white tennis shoe or sneaker while you're strollin' around Europe (where people tend to dress a little nicer for everyday) marks you as HEY AMERICAN TOURIST HERE. I'm not afraid of being mugged because of it or anything... I just think it's nicer to not be completely obvious. And maybe it's just my own hangup.
So, MeFI, I am crusing Zappos and looking for your recommendations of lady- shoes that are :
- hopefully under $100,
- comfortable after a long day of tourist walking, maybe a little moderate hiking
- stylish enough to wear somewhere a little formal without feeling like a dork
- along the same vein, maybe versatile enough to wear with skirts or more formal pants?
- if it matters, I'm 28 so preferably something that's not a granny shoe (although I own and rock granny shoes with pride)
- HEEL SUPPORT. My heels hurt the most after a long day walking.