Help me buy good quality, fashionable women’s boots!
October 22, 2013 11:43 AM Subscribe
Winter is around the corner and I’m direly in need of a new pair of boots. In the past few years, I’ve bought a few different styles but never “invested” (all under <$200) and I have destroyed every pair. How do I find a good quality boot (with the necessary snowflakes)?
posted by Paper rabies to clothing, beauty, & fashion (23 answers total) 26 users marked this as a favorite
Ideally, I would be looking for something that:
- Is a stylish knee-high boot (preferably brown)
- Won’t fall apart after a year*
- No heel (or no stiletto; I may be able to handle a small heel but I really prefer not)
- Good for people with skinny calves
- Will fit my orthotics**
I’m willing to pay a decent about of money, but I want to make sure that they will last! What brands or styles should I be looking for? Should I go leather or another material? Extra points if you have suggestions that I can find in Toronto or that ship within Canada.
* I bike through most of the winter and walk the rest of the time. So they need to be able to withstand salt, snow, and pedalling. Maybe I’m asking too much?
** My orthotics aren’t particularly big, but I bought them to combat my overpronation. A few of my boots have become warped inward because of the way I walk, so I’m hoping that these inserts will prevent that. But if anyone knows of any boot style that might be strengthened in the arch for people like me, that would be especially great.