which I tend to use as my day bag when on holiday/out with my camera. What kind of padding can I get that would fit it well to protect my lenses? Preferably something that can fold flat for storage/luggage.
I don't want a specially made bag for cameras, as most of these are too dark, and being dyspraxic means that I'm more likely to lose it. Right now, I have a Toploader Zoom Mini
, which is fine but doesn't allow me to easily carry lenses with me, and I'd like something that is both colourful and doesn't scream 'I'm carrying a DSLR, mug me!'. Ideally, I'd have a girly camera bag like this
, but getting it shipped to the UK and paying the customs make it prohibitive for me.
If it helps:
- I'm in the UK, so prefer to buy here. Amazon would do.
- I have a Canon 550D, and generally carry the 18-55mm kit lens as well as a nifty fifty; I'd also like to make it easier to carry my Sigma telephoto and my macro lens with me as well.
- I also sometimes like to take an extra camera, like a Diana F or a modified TLR for TTV photos.
- My bag is strong (and I say this as someone who abuses bags) and if I'm away and out for the day with it, I will carry my wallet/water etc in it too. Having a separate bag for my camera feels a bit fiddly.
- If I am travelling on a plane, I would like to be able to take the padding/lenses out and put them in the backpack I use for hand-luggage (my messenger bag folds away to fit in the front pocket) so compact is good. Last time I went on a plane I ended up wrapping clothing around the lens and putting the camera itself in there in the small bag I have now.
Thanks in advance!