October 2, 2013 8:57 PM Subscribe
I have no money in my bank account and zero income. I have 29 days to come up with $800. What do I do?
posted by dekathelon to work & money (115 answers total) 57 users marked this as a favorite
I'm a failure at age 25. I have failed at my career, I have no other skills, no prospects anywhere else, and no one cares enough about me to hire me. I just have to face this. Unfortunately, you can't just be a failure. Even if you are a failure, the world still expects money out of you. And right now, if I don't come up with $800 by October 31, I will no longer be able to pay rent. I have put this off as long as I possibly can. have no money in my bank account and no job prospects. None of my clients answer my emails anymore. I need $750 for rent, and I can try to live on $50 for the month. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this, and I'm terrified.
* I have reached out to everybody in my field that I can think of, but they don't even answer my emails, and obviously they don't tell you why.
* My roommate is not flexible at all in regards to rent. I'll actually be lucky if she doesn't sue me or something if I don't pay.
* There is almost zero chance I can get myself into any job in the near future, let alone any good job. I had a job interview the other day for something but I didn't get it. They sent me a very nice email but that is worthless to me because it does not make a dent in the $800. In fact, it makes the opposite of a dent in the $800 because I had to pay for transportation to the job interview.
* I have signed up with every temp agency I can think of, both in my field and otherwise, but no one has even so much as emailed me back, let alone called me in for an interview. Everything's online now, and when I call them they just direct me to the online submission form.
* I do not have the experience to do anything but office work. I have literally zero experience anywhere else.
* My mother can't afford $800. I have not spoken to my father in five years for very good reasons I would prefer not to go into here, and if that's my last option that's my last option but it would make my life a living hell.
* I'm female and not the physical type to be hired for day labor.
* I have no possessions that people want to buy, and especially not any that make any appreciable dent in the $800. I listed everything half-saleable on Craigslist already and got no emails.
* I would prefer not to do sex work, and I don't have the looks for it, but again, if that is my only option, that is my only option.
* Please keep any talk about therapy or otherwise out of this, because that will increase the $800. It is counterproductive. You will be wasting your time.