A running app that does (almost) all the work for me
September 24, 2013 7:07 AM Subscribe
Can you help me find a running app that does all of these things?
posted by raztaj to sports, hobbies, & recreation (4 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite
I'm a new runner (a few months now), but am still struggling with the motivation to help complete my runs. Can you help me find an app with all of these features?
- Lets me customize warm-up walk times. I've used a Couch to 5k app that has a default 5 minute warmup walk, but I like 10 warmup walks. I don't want to have to walk 5 minutes and then hit start - I just want to begin a program as soon as I head out the door so I don't have to fiddle with anything.
- Tells me when to start running, when I'm halfway, when I have a minute left, and when I'm done running (I'm currently doing 30 minute runs every other day)
- Provides motivational coaching scattered throughout - even a cheesy "you're doing awesome!" or "great job, keep it up!"
- Lets me customize a final song on every run. I'm TERRIBLE at guessing how far into my run I am, but hate whipping out my phone (tucked away in a SPIbelt). If I have an audio cue, particularly if it's set to a final "power song" - I think this will help keep me going.
- The more common features like tracking distance, timing, etc
Basically, I want an app that does all the work for me after I hit start, and acts as a kind of personal trainer, but then I just do the running part. Does something like this exist?