He hates lunch.
September 3, 2013 5:22 AM Subscribe
My fiance hates lunch, and every day it is a "thing" for him to try to decide what to have for lunch. He doesn't want to have to bother with it any more. He said "I wish there was just some magic pill I could take that would keep me full and be healthy and make me not have to deal with lunch any more". So now we're thinking meal replacement bars so that he doesn't have to think about it any more. Suggestions?
We're looking for some grab-and-go meal replacements that are:
1. filling enough that he can make it until suppertime without getting all sugary and starving
2. relatively healthy (not crazy high fat or crazy high calorie, he's trying to lose a little weight as well)
3. fairly complete and balanced in terms of nutrients and protein and whatnot (he usually brings an apple and an orange to work)
4. bonus points if it is high fiber
5. no artificial sweeteners
6. doesn't spoil quickly/shelf stable
7. preferably a couple different varieties/flavours
8. bar OR drink powder that is easy to mix in to a meal replacement shake
9. He wanted me to add that he likes chocolate.
We're looking for either commerical meal replacement bars/powders (that can be purchased in Canada), or recipes for home made meal replacement type bars that we could make at home. Cost effective is important as well.
And before anyone suggests it, yes he has tried doing the "cook a big batch of thing and freeze off portions for lunch" thing but he gets tired of stuff really quickly to the point where he will end up not eating at all instead of eating whatever he brought for lunch. At one point we had a freezerful of at least three or four different types of lunches but he was really tired of eating them all and would just gaze in to the freezer sadly every morning and sigh.