Boob pockets and panty stuffing
August 23, 2013 12:27 PM Subscribe
We're going to Vegas in 3 weeks and I want to be able to spend my days walking around without having a purse always looped over my shoulder. My clothes don't have pockets. Fanny packs are the work of Satan. Is it a terrible idea to keep my often accessed stuff (cash, credit cards) in my bra and more important stuff (like health insurance card, driver's licence, etc) hidden in my panties? What should I do with my phone (that is also my camera)?
posted by PuppetMcSockerson to travel & transportation (53 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite
My ultimate goal:
1. not have to carry a purse or any other such item
2. have my money and cards not visible but easily accessible
3. have my emergency cards not visible, don't care about how easily accessible they are
4. have my phone easily accessible, preferably not visible
5. have everything be more or less secure, safe from pickpockets/thieves/RFID scanner types
1. I am going to primarily be wearing long dresses. Yes, I will be wearing little yoga shorts under them to prevent chub rub, but they too don't have pockets AND I don't want to have to hoist up my skirt to get at stuff
2. it is going to be hot (Las Vegas... desert... you know) so I'm concerned about sweat
3. my phone is big and harder to hide.
4. My fiance grumps enough about having to carry his own wallet and phone, no way will he take mine. LOL
5. The dress/shirts I wear are generally pretty boobalicious, so keeping things hidden as part of my top isn't excessively likely
6. I don't want to BUY things. I will make just about anything, I am very crafty and good at sewing. I just don't want to buy things because I don't want to spent the money, plus I am not small and things that are "one size fits all" never fit and it sucks.
I have big boobs and I am a long time believer in the usefulness of bras as pockets. Bank cards, cash, hotel key, lip gloss can all fit comfortably and non-visibly in my bra, so I think I have that settled. (How worried do I need to be ovre RFID scanners? Should I keep my cards in an RFID protected wallet/sleeves? Or is that overkill?) I don't want to keep EVERYTHING there, though, so I was thinking of keeping the "in case of emergency" stuff in my panties. (I will probably sew a little velcro pocket into my undies, this is not a big deal, I sew a lot). I know you can buy hidden pocket shorts and stuff, but I am not a small girl, those things won't fit me, and I'm cheap. I'd rather just make my own.
Am I forgetting something? Is there a reason why this could be a bad idea?
My phone is an issue. It is a samsung galaxy, so it isn't small. I *CAN* fit it in my bra cup, but it is usually kinda visable, one way or another. I want to be able to have easy access to it, but I'm not so prissy that I'm against digging around a bit under my top to get it. I am considering sewing a little elastic type sling on to the side of my bra so that my phone would be held between my body and my bra band. Is THIS a bad idea? Is there some other phone concealing option I'm missing?