Non-salad wheat free lunches?
August 15, 2013 10:07 AM Subscribe
I need some vegetarian wheat-free lunch ideas that are not salad based. Thanks!
posted by JoannaC to food & drink (24 answers total) 27 users marked this as a favorite
The longer version is, I have some sugar sensitivity issues and my doctor has advised me to avoid wheat for a month to see how I do. Packing a lunch has been challenging. I tried packing salads with beans, grains and a bed of lettuce underneath and have come to the conclusion that I am just not a salad person. I just don't like it. I have thrown away three salads so far when I just couldn't face eating it, and then bought junk.
Once the weather cools, I will happily take soup but in the meanwhile, I am in a rut and need some ideas. EASY to pack and carry is a must! What has been working so far:
- Rice crackers and a bean dip, with fruit and veggies
- Sometimes I buy sushi from the grocery store, but it is expensive
- Frozen samosas or gyoza with fruit and veggie sides
- Imitation Starbucks 'bistro' box (hard-boiled egg, crackers, cheese slices, sliced fruit)
- Sandwich on gluten-free bread (I try and limit these to once or twice a week)
Foods I cannot have due to diagnosed food allergy:
- Green beans
- Tree nuts
So, any ideas? I really want to do a good job with this but I am not much of a cook so I need grab and go ideas.