I am a mid-20's female in search of the perfect coat/jacket for chilly spring and fall wear. Do you have one that you love? Requirements inside...
I am tall and thin (small/4). I'd like something that
1. can be dressed up or down - no ski jackets
2. is somewhat fitted
3. is long - fingertip length is perfect
4. is packable - or at least not too bulky - I don't see too many chilly days here (southern U.S.), but will use this when I travel
5. is water-resistant
6. is wind-resistant
7. has removable insulation (or moderate insulation)
8. has removable or storable hood - or not
To clarify the weather requirements, it will ideally protect me from possibly wet and windy weather ranging from 30s-60s F (0-15ish deg C) whilst I am out strolling in urban environments for a few hours.
None of these are hard-and-fast requirements, especially 5-8 which can be accomplished with layering and/or umbrellas... but this is the HOLY GRAIL of coats so give it your best shot, okay?
I am envisioning something like this packable quilted coat
in black (with leopard print lining!) or this
if it didn't have an apparent molting problem.
I'd like to keep it under $200ish, but if you have a Burberry or something you love, tell me about it. Thanks!