Cheerleaders don't always get what they want!

C-Budget "Horror" flick that may have been hosted by Elvira circa 1985

High school guy may have instigated an Indian curse and dead people from the local cemetery are awakened. A young cheerleader appears and teen guy falls in love with her but does not know she is dead. In fact, I do not believe that she is aware of her own death... She ends up taking him to her house and they discover that someone else now lives there...and it is 30 or so years since she has been alive. Culminating with a hard choice to save the town from the evil zombies but lose the girl. It seems that every one of the other reanimated grave yard inhabitants are flesh eating zombies???
Have you seen this movie?
posted by phytage to Media & Arts (3 answers total)

The movie sounds like "The Midnight Hour" -- especially from this summary. Don't know about the Elvira connection, though.
posted by seabound_coast at 2:02 PM on March 24, 2013

Yeah, that's the one that's pinging in my head, too.

The Elvira thing threw me off - I remember it was actually shown on ABC as a 'halloween movie'.
posted by mephron at 1:47 AM on March 25, 2013

Thanks so much! I remember watching this gem after everyone was asleep at my grandparents. I'm petty sure it wasn't Halloween... But who knows for sure. It's gotta be close to 30 years ago now. Why did this of all things get stuck in my head for eternity!?!
posted by phytage at 3:03 PM on March 25, 2013

« Older Are there any fun, weird, or t...   |  Hello, my wife just got a Russ... Newer »