Is this itinerary for a trip to Japan reasonable?
March 15, 2013 8:23 PM Subscribe
I am traveling to Tokyo next week and have not been there before. Is this itinerary reasonable?
posted by Heliochrome85 to Travel & Transportation around Tokyo, Japan (23 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
I will be traveling alone to Tokyo for the first time. After doing a ton of research, I have been able to put together an itinerary, but am not sure if it is a reasonable one. My plan is as follows:
SA - March 23rd - TOKYO
- Arrive Narita 4pm
- Take train to hotel/check in
- Explore area around hotel
SU - March 24th - TOKYO
- Asakusa Shrine– Tokyo SGG club
- Nakamise Shopping District
- Meiji Shrine/Harajuku(best on Sundays/Shibuya
M - March 25th - TOKYO
- Tsukiji Fish Mkt./Ginza/Sony/Imperial Palace – Gardens East/Nissan Gallery
- Tokyo Sky Tree
Tu- March 26th - KYOTO
- Kiyomizudera Temple – Higashiyama District – Ginkakuji
- Kinkakuji Temple – Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Philosophers Walk?
Wed- March 27th - TOKYO
- UENO PARK TOUR – Tokyo SGG Club
- Akihabara/Asakusa(Sensoji Temple)
Thrs- March 28th - TOKYO?Hiroshima?
Fri- March 29th - TOKYO
- Kamakura to see Daibatsu (Great Buddha)
- Antique Mall Ginza
- Oedo Antique Market
- Shinjuku – Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building Observation Deck (Closes at 11pm)
Sa- March 30th - TOKYO
- Depart for Narita at 130pm
- Depart Narita at 555pm
- Land in LAX at 1130AM
Is this plan unreasonable? Are there things that I absolutely should not miss? Is hiroshima from Tokyo, a reasonable day trip? I have already purchased a rail pass and would like to use it as much as possible.