Help me plan a two week trip to Spain in 48 hours!
March 1, 2013 10:53 AM Subscribe
Due to some last-minute circumstances, I just booked a trip to Barcelona for two weeks starting on Monday. I'm a mid-twenties guy in-between jobs and traveling alone. What can I do over the next 48 hours to make this trip memorable and pleasant?
posted by anonymous to travel & transportation (18 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
What should I see and do? In my US city, I typically enjoy live performances (comedy, music, artsy things), poetry readings, historical tours, visiting museums, and meeting people my age. I'm also interested in nature-y things. My roommate mentioned a train that goes through the Pyrenees, which sounds wonderful. I'd like to hike or climb, but I don't have much experience with either.
- My budget is around $1000-1500 excluding the flight.
- I intend to stay in hostels, and book one or two days in advance.
- Phone/3G! I remember this being a big cause of stress. I have an iPhone with the cheapest family data plan. I do not need 3g but it would be tremendously useful.
- I should exchange some of my money for Euros. My bank, Schwab, only has no-cash branches, so can I just go to a different bank?
- I'm a US citizen with a passport, so Schengen should just automatically cover the trip, right?
- Things to buy: backpack, travel guides, lock for hostels.
- I can purchase some sort of computing device— I'm thinking of getting an iPad for its portability.
Thank you in advance!