is acting up, and I'm pretty sure that it's death is imminent. I'd like to find a replacement, but Apple long ago stopped making full-sized wireless keyboards -- what are some good alternatives that exist in 2013?
I'm quite attached to my Apple A1016 -- in particular, I like that it
- Has a full-sized layout. The numpad is nice, but big arrow keys and dedicated Home/End/PgUp/PgDn keys are actually a bigger deal to me.
- Is wireless, and physically unobtrusive on my desk. It's small enough to tuck out of the way when I need to use my tiny desk for other things.
- Non-chicklet keys. This isn't a dealbreaker, as I've gotten used to typing on a MacBook, but I nevertheless do prefer the feel of a "real" keyboard.
- Looks nice. This is silly and superficial, but most 3rd-party keyboards that I've seen are butt-ugly.
- Didn't cost an arm and a leg. Sorry, but I'm not paying more than $100 for a keyboard.
For whatever it's worth, I use the keyboard with my Macbook, a big external monitor, and a Magic Trackpad.
All of this adds up to the conclusion that I should just find another A1016 on eBay or Craigslist — however, this is my 2nd A1016 that's died in the exact same manner, and it's known to not play well with modern Bluetooth devices. I'm not sure I want to dump any more money down the drain on this outdated device. Also, used keyboards = ick
Truth be told, chicklet keys aside, I'd probably buy Apple's current full-sized
keyboard if it came in a wireless version.
What are my other options? Are they any good? Is there really no market for full-sized bluetooth keyboards?