How to connect a Mac OS X and a Windows XP machine, in order to have a PHP+MysqL application running on Windows but with browser and usage from Mac OS X?
January 5, 2013 3:59 AM Subscribe
I want to connect from a Mac OS X machine to a Windows XP running XAMPP (Apache, MySQL, PHP), in order to use an application running on the Windows machine.
At the same time, I want to have the Mac OS X allowing Internet browsing, while Windows should be isolated from the Internet.
Can it be done in some way, or can you suggest a possible setup close to that purpose?
posted by lion to computers & internet (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I do not have access to a Mac OS X machine, so I need instructions about what to do when I'll have to try this kind of setup:
There will be:
- a Mac OS X machine;
- a Windows XP machine;
- XAMPP installed on Windows XP, with Apache and MySQL running;
- a PHP/MySQL application installed on the Windows machine, normally working from a web browser on Windows, from address http://localhost/whatever
What I want to achieve:
- the PHP/MySQL application still running on the Windows machine, but using it from Safari on the Mac OS X machine;
- Internet normally working on the Mac OS X environment;
- Windows environment isolated (or protected enough) from the Internet.
Is there a way to build this setup?
Your answers may include hardware and/or software required to buy (e.g. router, cables, etc.).
Thank you very much.