How to I keep in touch with my one-and-only squeeze for a week without squeezing my bank account?

Short-term (prepaid?) mobile in Regina, Saskatchewan.

Kind of quick question for the hive mind: is it possible to get a prepaid SIM card or something to allow me to send texts or make calls to my GF while in Regina? I'm with WIND, so unless they're testing out the area and are keeping mum, I'll be roaming.

She will be away from the internet--I'm actually not sure if she will even have cellular coverage, but I'm just investigating.

I have an LG Optimus 2X.

Thanks.

Observation: 2 of the Related questions are mine, and are not at all related
posted by Decimask to Technology (2 answers total)

SpeakOut?
posted by seanmpuckett at 7:58 AM on December 22, 2012 [1 favorite]

There should be multiple options from Sasktel, Rogers, Telus, Virgin, Kodo - the City of Regina has a few choices and most of them will work in rural Saskatchewan. Mobile Internet has good, and fast coverage.

7-11, Wal-Mart, and Superstore might have some other brands too. Phones from major carriers from out-of-area should be supported at reasonable prices too.
posted by Intrepid at 3:17 PM on December 22, 2012

« Older I want to watch videos from a ...   |  How should I go about buying a... Newer »