A Christmas Breakfast Miracle?
December 21, 2012 7:41 AM Subscribe
What are your best recipes for a savory breakfast casserole that can be prepared the night before and cooked in the morning?
posted by MsVader to food & drink (17 answers total) 43 users marked this as a favorite
I'm in charge of bringing an egg-and-sausage-type casserole for Christmas morning festivities with my family. We've had egg-cheese-sausage casseroles in the past that were OK, but always ended up being a little too salty or too blah. Now that it's my turn to make something, I'd like to find a more interesting (and tasty!) recipe.
Searching the typical recipe sites is kinda useless, since people will give five stars to just about anything. I'd prefer to have recommendations from the AskMe hive mind, because, well, I trust you guys.
- It'll need to serve 10 people (including two kids, ages 4 and 6)
- The less morning prep time, the better
- I'll need to transport it in the car, so excessively liquidy casseroles might be a problem
- I have a crockpot, so perhaps that can be used?
- There will also be a french-toast-type casserole, so I was thinking mine should be on the less-bready side.