Prepaid SIM for iPhone 5 in the US?

I have an iPhone 5 purchased unlocked in the UK. I travel regularly to the US for 1-2 weeks at a time, often in situations where WiFi is not an option, and would like to be able to buy a pre-paid US SIM primarily for data. Now that the iPhone 5 has been out for a few months, has anyone finally gotten onboard with pre-paid nanoSIMs for the 5? Or is cutting down a regular SIM still the only option?
posted by olinerd to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)

You can get a T-Mobile prepaid nano SIM.
posted by Burhanistan at 7:25 AM on December 19, 2012

With the qualifier that you're only going to get HSPA+ at best, which is better than it used to be with T-Mob USA, and coverage on the iPhone compatible bands is still being rolled out, so it's worth checking to see if your destinations are covered.

It's probably a better option than AT&T, which would require chopping down a SIM and a bit of subterfuge.
posted by holgate at 11:07 AM on December 19, 2012

Well, if you're not afraid to chop (and also sand down in the nano SIM's case), then you could also get a Straight Talk prepaid SIM.
posted by Burhanistan at 11:12 AM on December 19, 2012

« Older How can I find a trustworthy m...   |  Have you ever shareboarded? We... Newer »