Looking for new job whilst in training.

[Job-filter] How do I add a job to my resume that is both a contractor job, and more importantly, I haven't finished training at?

I don't want to put that I'm not employed, since I am. And I don't want to say that I'm doing xyz for this company, when technically I'm not yet. But there's a good opportunity for another job that isn't seasonal, and I want to grab it while I have the chance. I know there has to be a way to swing this.
posted by trogdole to Work & Money (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

"Job company name
Contractor

-hired to do X, y, and z
-undergoing training in such and such"
posted by saraindc at 8:22 AM on November 23, 2012 [1 favorite]

When will you finish training? How difficult /complex is the training?
posted by the young rope-rider at 9:37 AM on November 23, 2012

Could you fairly describe it as an internship or apprenticeship? Most people have a pretty good idea that those mean "kinda working but in training and should have at least some clue how to do the job when you finish".
posted by pla at 10:33 AM on November 23, 2012

I will finish the training in 3 weeks. And it's an entry level job doing tech support. I'm applying for a call center job, and I have 2.5 years experience in a call center already, so that base is covered. I think saraindc might have it.
posted by trogdole at 11:02 AM on November 23, 2012

Honestly, if the training is pretty simple, I'd put "tech support". Most jobs have some element of on-the-job training, and the hiring process at the call center will probably take long enough that you'll be done with training before you get hired, right?

Tech support jobs have a much better future than call center jobs and they look a lot better on the ol' resume, so take that into consideration when you're doing your decision making.

Good luck with everything!
posted by the young rope-rider at 1:19 PM on November 23, 2012

« Older iPhoto no longer displays full...   |  I lost my dear dad unexpectedl... Newer »