Where to bank in a post-ING world?
November 11, 2012 10:09 AM Subscribe
ING Direct is slowly but surely being absorbed into Capital One. Recently, they even announced that their name will be changing soon. Call me paranoid, but this scares me and I want to find a new home for my money. ("Online" banks preferred.)
posted by aheckler to Work & Money (15 answers total) 28 users marked this as a favorite
I have a checking and savings account with ING, as well as a tiny Roth IRA. The IRA will most likely be heading over to Vanguard soon, so no worries about that.
I'd like for my destination bank/CU to have the following features:
- Free and instantaneous transfers between checking and savings
- Decent Android mobile app w/ photographic check depositing
- Free sending of money to others via email or some such
- Online bill pay system of some kind
- Free ACH transfers to and from a traditional bank
Basically it seems like I need another ING... I've heard good things about Ally and USAA, but I'm not sure if they have all the specific features I'm looking for, so I'd like to hear from current customers if possible.
Thanks so much!