Which Rifftrax are the best?

What are the best (your favorite) Rifftrax?

I've been watching a bunch of Rifftrax recently, they're great. Which are the BEST ones and /or you favorite Rifftrax?
posted by kittensofthenight to Media & Arts (22 answers total) 35 users marked this as a favorite

Birdemic was great. I love The Hunger Games and watching it with Rifftrax was still enjoyable.
posted by kat518 at 10:16 PM on November 10, 2012 [3 favorites]

I enjoyed The Happening a great deal. It's raining men!
posted by zjacreman at 10:17 PM on November 10, 2012 [3 favorites]

Watching Guy From Harlem right now and cracking up. Love the shorts. Don't miss Moose Baby, Carnivorous Plants and As You Like It. Seconding Birdemic!
posted by GaelFC at 10:23 PM on November 10, 2012

Personal favorites of mine include Roadhouse and The Wicker Man, both sources of running gags that get referenced in several other riffs. Also Over the Top. And the Twilight riffs. I am basing my answer purely on the riffs that come to mind first - I'm sure I have missed some good ones.
posted by daikaisho at 10:25 PM on November 10, 2012

Birdemic and Trolls 2 were hilarious. I would not have been able to watch either movie without the commentary.
posted by peripathetic at 10:32 PM on November 10, 2012 [1 favorite]

Seconding the Twilight movies; the riffs are just priceless.

Iron Man and LOTR are also surprisingly high-end; given that I enjoyed both movies on their own merits, I expected to find the riffs distracting or irritating, but I did not.

And xXx was pretty funny, though that movie causes brain bleeding even through the protective filter.

Firewall is good. Top Gun is hilarious. I remember Spiderman being funny, but it's been a while since I watched that one.
posted by Scattercat at 11:02 PM on November 10, 2012

The Twilight ones PURE GOLD. Of course, this means you have to watch the Twilight movies, but they are hysterically funny. My stomach hurt after watching Twilight: New Moon from basically laughing continuously for two hours.

Birdemic was great! So was Manos: Hands of Fate. Red Dawn is good and features BONUS Joel McHale!

For me, the best Rifftrax are ones where I don't like the movie that much, otherwise I find myself getting weirdly defensive, like "STOP MOCKING INCEPTION, OMG."
posted by Aquifer at 11:04 PM on November 10, 2012

I enjoyed Dragon Wars: D-War and The Room. Dragon Wars is incomprehensible, and The Room is the most cringe-worthy movie on Earth.
posted by neushoorn at 2:21 AM on November 11, 2012

The second Twilight one is pretty great. I also really liked one of the Transformers, but now can't remember which. I want to say it was the first, if only because I don't think I could get through more than ten minutes of Transformers 2 even with the Rifftrax.
posted by anaximander at 5:02 AM on November 11, 2012

The Grudge. Absolutely hilarious. and yes, The Room. Oh hi everybody!
posted by tomboko at 5:06 AM on November 11, 2012

The Room, Birdemic, and Star Trek: Generations.
posted by toerinishuman at 5:42 AM on November 11, 2012

Went to the Birdemic live event and damn near wet myself.

We also enjoyed the Mano, Hands of Fate event.

We have Battleship:Earth and hoo-boy does the movie stink and the rifftrack are hysterical!

Of course you can always get some old Mystery Science Theatre 3000 stuff too.

Mr. B Sharp!

Gamera!

I need to stop right now.
posted by Ruthless Bunny at 6:45 AM on November 11, 2012 [1 favorite]

The Room and pretty much all Harry Potters
posted by pyro979 at 8:07 AM on November 11, 2012

I enjoyed all of the Star Wars riffs (hadn't seen Clones or Sith until Rifftrax), Holiday Special included.

The Room is a must, and all the shorts I've watched have been gold.
posted by porn in the woods at 8:11 AM on November 11, 2012

The Happening destroys it. Thor's is also really good.
posted by whitneyarner at 10:10 AM on November 11, 2012

Thanks! I think I'll go for Birdemic, Over the Top and the Twilights. I have Over the Top but have never watched it. Don't think I could make it through the Twilights without Rifftrax and I had never heard of Birdemic. Sounds like a horror version of The Room, which is awesome with and without Rifftrax. I've mostly been watching the Rifftrax for classic sci-fi (and Generations...) but I would love to jump into awful, awful movies. Wickerman was amazing. Thanks Mefi!
posted by kittensofthenight at 1:28 PM on November 11, 2012

For god's sake, don't miss Cocktail.

It's.. so.. good...
posted by lumpenprole at 5:53 PM on November 11, 2012

My favorite so far is Jurassic Park (featuring "Weird Al" Yankovic!).
posted by Vorteks at 7:43 PM on November 11, 2012

Twilight and The Happening.
posted by SarahElizaP at 10:28 PM on November 11, 2012

Batman and Robin! (SLYT highlight reel)
posted by juliplease at 12:08 PM on November 12, 2012

Oh, and Roadhouse! Because pain don't hurt.
posted by Scattercat at 9:26 PM on November 12, 2012

Damn the happening was Brutal. Thanks Metafilter!
posted by kittensofthenight at 2:23 PM on November 15, 2012

« Older How would one go about removin...   |  I've been thinking about roast... Newer »