Goodbye netbook, hello iPad?
November 7, 2012 11:20 AM Subscribe
I'm going to have to work some stupid overtime in the next few weeks, and I'm thinking of treating myself to a replacement for my well-loved but on-it's-last-legs EEE Asus netbook, used mostly for sitting on the couch and surfing while watching TV at home. Things I'm pondering:
posted by JoanArkham to Computers & Internet (15 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
1. The number one thing holding me back is a lack of keyboard...I have an iPhone and I'm ok with using a touchscreen for texts and short messages, but anything longer than that and I really prefer a keyboard.
2. I'm grandfathered in to a Verizon unlimited data plan, and I understand that if I ever change it (like add a tablet) I'll have to do the shared minutes thing...so I'm thinking I'd use it on WiFi only.
3. I'm not into ebooks at all yet, but after carrying around the "Song of Ice and Fire" books for several months, I can kind of see the appeal.
4. Because of work compatibility issues, my main computer at home is a PC.
5. I'm open to other tablets, but I do really like my iPhone.
What say you, hivemind?