Can't Connect both Windows Latop & iPad to VerizonFIOS wifi simultaneously
November 3, 2012 5:44 AM Subscribe
Annoying Verizon FIOS wireless router issue: if iPad/iPhone are on the wireless network, Windows laptop machines will not connect to wireless network. If I turn off WiFi on iPad/iPhone and restart the router,
Windows machines get on WiFi right away. But after Windows machines are connected to WiFi, starting up WiFi on the iPad will almost always cause the Windows machines to drop their connections. More after the jump...
posted by Ike_Arumba to computers & internet (13 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
Some more details:
1. The FIOS router (model #MI424WR) is the standard one given by Verizon. All computers/devices are connected wirelessly to the router (there is no computer with a network/LAN connection to the router). Picture of router here
2. I do not know how to access the router's configuration settings to modify any settings.
3. By "restarting the router" I mean turning it off, waiting 15 seconds, and then turning it back on. I am doing this several times a day now because of the above issue.
4. The Windows machines: 1 is running XP Pro, one is running Windows 7.
5. There are a bunch of other devices that connect to the WiFi, including an HP printer, a Roku, and an HD TV with wireless capabilities.
Looking for suggestions on how to resolve this issue so I can run iPad and Windows laptop on WiFi simultaneously. I fear issue #2 above may be a show-stopper, but would appreciate any advice. Thanks.